Do you share donor information with other organizations?
- We do not share or sell donors’ personal information to any other organizations. Nor do we send fundraising appeals on behalf of other organizations.
- Where we disclose any personal information, we offer donors the opportunity to consent to disclosure.
- We ensure that donors’ personal information will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
What data do you collect from donors and how do you use it?
- Donations made online directly to Human Rights First are secure. When you make a donation online, we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, email address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about what we are doing through our publications. Your phone number is used only to contact you if we need to verify order information and occasionally to thank you for your contribution.
- For donations processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
How do I access or change my personal data with Human Rights First?
- We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended or completed.
- You can write to Development@humanrightsfirst.org to request a change in your personal data.
How do I stop receiving correspondence from Human Rights First?
- Human Rights First provides the option to unsubscribe to any email communication at the bottom of every online correspondence.
- You can write to Development@humanrightsfirst.org and request to be removed from our mailing lists.
- To opt out of receiving print correspondence from Human Rights First, please send an email to Development@humanrightsfirst.org or a letter to the following address:
Human Rights First Development Department
75 Broad Street, 31st Floor
New York, NY 10004
What if your policy changes?