As a non-profit advocacy and human rights organization, Human Rights First (HRF) places a high priority on protecting your privacy. Below please find answers to our most commonly asked privacy-related questions. Please don’t hesitate to send an email to [email protected] at any time if you have additional questions regarding our policy.
- Do you share my information with other organizations?
- What data are you collecting about me and how do you use it?
- How do I access or change my personal data with HRF
- How do I stop receiving correspondence from HRF?
- We do not disclose your personal data to our subsidiaries or other organizations.
- Where we disclose your personal data for purposes that are different from those indicated above, we offer you the opportunity to consent to disclosure.
- We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to state institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
- When you visit our site, we collect some non-personally identifiable information including the operating system you are using, the browser you are using, the frequency of visits, and which pages are most viewed. We use this aggregate information to improve our site and to improve your experience on our website.
- We collect personal data that you may volunteer while visiting our website. We use this data to provide you with opportunities for greater involvement with our advocacy efforts, and to inform you about the activities and achievements of our programs. We may also use this data to provide you with opportunities to support our work more directly, through donations.
- We have put in place appropriate procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online.
- Donations made online to us are secure. When you make a donation online, we ask for your name, address, daytime phone, email address, and credit card information. We use your information to process your donation(s) and to verify credit card data. We use your mailing address to send your tax-deductible receipt(s) and to keep you informed about what we are doing through our publications. Your phone number is used only to contact you if we need to verify order information and occasionally to thank you for your contribution.
- We will not collect or use personal data for any other purpose without your consent.
- If we want to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will offer you the means to consent to any new use, by indicating in a box at the point on the site where personal data is collected.
- Portions of our web site may use "cookies" to automatically help provide better services. They remind us of whom you are and how you like to use our web site, based on what you've done and told us before. The "cookie" is placed in your computer and is read when you come back to our web site. They also let us track your and others' usage on our site, so we know which parts of our sites are most popular. You can reject cookies or remove the cookies later.
- We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended or completed.
- Or you can write to [email protected] to request a change in your personal data.
- HRF provides the option to unsubscribe to any email communication at the bottom of every online correspondence.
- Or you can write to [email protected] and request to be removed from our mailing lists.
- To opt-out of receiving print correspondence from Human Rights First, please send an email to [email protected].
Should our practices change, this notice will be immediately updated. Regardless of later updates, we will never use the information you submit under this current notice in a new way (in a way not described in this notice) without first providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prevent that use.