June 19, 2018
5 Ways To Help Migrant Parents And Children At The Border
- Donate to Human Rights First: Your donations help us provide free legal representation for asylum seeking families and children in court. One of the most effective ways to help children who have been separated from their parents is to ensure that their parents have quality legal representation throughout the asylum process.
- Call Your Member of Congress: Join us in the fight against this horrific policy by calling your representatives today. Tell Congress that you will not accept any policy that cruelly separates families, criminally prosecutes adults seeking asylum, or brutally traumatizes children.
- Attend a Families Belong Together Event on June 30: Take part in a National Day of Action to send a clear message to the Trump Administration that Families Belong Together! Rallies are taking place in Washington D.C. and across the country. Show up, make signs, invite your friends, and make your voices heard.
- Learn the Facts and Share the Truth: Read our blog and follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date with what’s happening on the ground and to hear reports about those affected by the Trump Administration’s cruel and inhumane policies. Share articles, blogs, and reports with your networks to help others stay informed.
- Volunteer with Local Organizations: If you’re an attorney, or fluent in a second language—especially Spanish—call legal service providers in your area to volunteer your services. If you’re not an attorney, consider becoming a licensed foster home, or volunteer to aid members of your community who are being impacted by these policies.