As U.S. President Donald Trump meets with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi at the U.N. General Assembly, prominent human rights organizations and the families of Egyptian-American political prisoners will hold a press conference to discuss the Sisi's government’s repression.
- Rob Berschinski: Senior Vice President for Policy at Human Rights First; former Deputy Assistant Secretary of State
- Mohamed Soltan: Former political prisoner and Founder of The Freedom Initiative
- Neil Hicks: Advocacy Director of Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies
- Aya Hijazy: Former political prisoner and Founder of Belady Foundation
- Sarah Margon: Washington Director of Human Rights Watch
- Family of Hesham Genina, former top Egyptian auditor and judge.
- Family members of Egyptian-American political prisoners.
This event is hosted by a group of Human Rights organizations including:
The Freedom Initiative, Human Rights First, Human Rights Watch, the Belady Foundation, and the Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies.
The hearing is open to the public. For media inquiries please contact Christopher Plummer at PlummerC@humanrightsfirst.org or 202-370-3310.
Grand Hyatt - New York - The Imperial Room
109 E 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017, U.S.A
Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal