Report on Discharge of Certain Activities Under New Security Cooperation Authority
(1) IN GENERAL.—Not later than October 1, 2017, the Secretary of Defense shall submit to the congressional defense committees a report setting forth a description of any gaps that exist between applicable authorities in chapter 16 of title 10, United States Code, as added by section 1241(a)(3) of this Act, and the current law or other authorities under which activities under the initiatives specified in paragraph (2) are carried out.
(2) INITIATIVES.—The initiatives specified in this paragraph are the following:
- (A) The Southeast Asia Maritime Security Initiative. (B) The Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative.
(3) ELEMENTS.—The report under paragraph (1) shall include the following:
- (A) A description of each discrete set of activities under an initiative specified in paragraph (2) for which gaps exist between the applicable authorities in chapter 16 of title 10, United States Code, as so added, and current law or other authorities under which such activities are carried out.
- (B) For each discrete set of activities covered by subparagraph (A), the following:
- (i) A description of the gaps described in subparagraph (A).
- (ii) Recommendations for legislative or administrative action to address such gaps.